We are so excited to see your happy smiling face starting Friday July 16th, 2021. We are able to have 21 students per class and dr. notes are no longer required. It has been a long time coming and we wanted to provide you with a list of key points to make your experience the best it can be.
Please review all Covid Policies & Procedures:
- SANITIZE: Upon arrival at the studio there is a hand sanitizer station at the top of the stairs, please sanitize before entering the lobby.
- MASKS- Upon arrival you MUST have your mask on before you enter the stairwell. Your mask is to remain on at ALL times, including: In the stairwell, lobby, changerooms, bathroom stalls, as soon as you exit the shower, and in the hot room (unless you are on your mat). Wear your mask properly, over your nose and chin. Masks are for sale at the studio, made by daydreamer accessories.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Masks do not fully shield Covid-19. Please be mindful of others' comfort levels. Even if you have a mask on it does not mean everyone is comfortable enough to be within 6 feet of you. Max 21 students in the hotroom, please place your mat at the top of the blue circle
- CHANGE ROOMS: Please come ready for your class.
- In your workout clothes
- Water bottle pre-filled at home.
- Create time for yourself to plan your shower at home.
NO LATE ENTRIES: Please arrive 5-10 minutes before class begins, as doors lock when class starts. This is because sometimes only the teacher will be at the studio and they need to lock the doors when they start the class. It is important to make this a habit as we want you to be able to participate in your class when you have signed up.
The change rooms/showers are there if you absolutely have to use them. It is crucial for everyone to limit their touch points so if you can please head straight to your mat upon entering the studio with your belongings. Cell phones in lockers (please see the front desk for a key)
5. RENTALS: Please bring your own mat/towel/Water and Mask, however if you do forget them, we have them for rental or purchase.
6. HOT ROOM ETIQUETTE:
- Observe silence before and after a yoga class. In classes where music is playing before class you are welcome to chat to your neighbours
- If you know you are a person who sweats a lot please bring extra towels from home to clean up after yourself. Place your towels directly in a bag after cleaning up your space, as to not drip everywhere.
- Must exit the hot room 5 minutes after each class.
- There is hand sanitizer as soon as you walk in that you can use after opening the door.
- Entering/Exiting the studio:
- Enter the studio no earlier than 15 minutes before your class. (Sometimes the doors are open, however we kindly ask for you to please wait, if it is raining you may step into the lobby at the bottom of the stairs if the doors are open)
- Exit the studio no later than 15 minutes after each class. This is critical for the staff to make sure all cleaning is done before the next class enters the building.
- SOCIALIZING: We love our tight knit community, however we please ask for everyone to keep their socializing to outside. As we head into the fall/winter we understand the importance of staying social for mental health. Please follow us on facebook and join our MYKW members hub to connect with your fellow yogis and workout partners. Please know we are always here for you <3
- TYPES OF CLASSES ON THE SCHEDULE:
LIVE class: an instructor is in the classroom teaching in real time.
AUDIO class: The session still happens at the studio in the hot room, although there is no instructor teaching live in the hotroom, a staff member will be in the room to monitor the heat, they will not give LIVE corrections. This type of class is intended for those who have taken at least 10 LIVE Bikram Yoga classes. Sometimes the AUDIO class is listed as HOBY, this is our Humans of Bikram Yoga collaboration with Changu C. The instructor will teach live via ZOOM however they will not be able to see you and therefore will not give real time corrections.
VIRTUAL class: This class is on ZOOM in real time, to see how to access this check out this VIDEO on YOUTUBE
Please review administration policies:
- CANCELATION/NO SHOW: Strict class cancellation policy of 12 hours in advance applies. Late cancellation fee of $15.00 and a no show fee of $25.00. Your class will be returned to your card if you are a pass holder. If you need to cancel with less than 12 hours notice, please email the studio at email@example.com or phone us at 519-749-9888. You will not be able to cancel yourself. We of course understand emergencies and covid-19 related illnesses please reach out to us within 2 hours of the class start time to inform us why you were not able to attend the session (preferably before the class begins)
- CREDIT CARD ON ACCOUNT: Moving forward we will require a credit card on your account to ensure these fees will be taken care of in the event of cancelations and no shows. In addition having a card on file will help to limit your touch points.
- SIGN IN: You must sign in at the front desk before entering the hot room. Wait in line and give the front desk staff your name. Please remember that not all staff will know your name and considering we have masks on it makes it extra difficult to determine who you are.
- BOOKING FEES: A non-refundable $5.00 will be charged to your credit card for booking a LIVE in person class at the studio, a $2.00 charge will be applied for an AUDIO class.
- WAITLIST: If a class is full, please add yourself to the waitlist, there is no fee to add yourself to it. When a spot becomes available everyone on the waitlist gets an email and whoever signs up for the spot first gets it.
In order to stay up to date please follow us on Instagram @midtownyogakw and Facebook @ midtownyogakitchenerwaterloo
We know it’s a lot to take in right now, but trust us, as soon as you begin again, you’ll find yourself right back in the home away from home you’ve been needing now more than ever. We are taking the approach of being cautious for now with lots of changes in place — and details beyond what you see here. The way our safety processes will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in looking after our Midtown Yoga KW
See you soon,
Rebecca and the MYKW team