We Are SOOOO Excited to Welcome You Back to MYKW!
Words cannot express how happy we are to see your faces in real life, and as excited as we are to open our doors we do have a few things to go over with you………
We will be having no VIRTUAL or IN PERSON classes this weekend , in order to prepare for our PHYSICAL reopening on Monday July 20th, 2020!. The schedule will go live Saturday July 18th, 2020 at 10am. As much as we would love to have you in all the classes, you may only book 1 class a day with an unlimited package (to allow a fair chance to everyone to use the facilities)
We will be opening in 3 phases:
Monday July 20th to Sunday July 26th, 2020.
- Classes will be open first to members who have continued their unlimited passes with us during our physical closure. We are eternally grateful for you supporting the studio all of these months. If you were on the VIRTUAL pass and would like to add back in studio classes, please let us know so we can switch your pass over.
- If the classes are not full we will open the booking to other members with class cards etc 12 hours before the class starts.
- No new students at this time
- We will have 3 in person classes a day, some will be streamed VIRTUAL as well.
Monday July 27th to Sunday August 9th, 2020.
- Classes will be open to all current active members
- No new intro students at this time
- We will increase our in person schedule - some classes will still be VIRTUAL.
August 10th, 2020 - onwards
- Anyone will be welcome to sign up
- We will still stream some of our classes VIRTUALLY
- If possible we will add more classes.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Show up ready to take class, in your practice clothes
Limit your need for showers after class
Stay home if you are feeling at all unwell
Tidy up your space directly after class by placing sweaty towels in a bag that you have brought in to the studio
Limit the points you touch
Practice air high fives to help maintain adequate space between you and your neighbour
Keep being amazing!
- We’ve missed you too but verbal greetings only for now please!
- We will be practicing responsible social distancing and as such, spots in each class are strictly limited. - Kindly book in advance as we have very limited spots. No "walk in" clients
- Strict class cancellation policy of 12 hours in advance applies. Late cancellation fee of $15.00 and a no show fee of $25.00. Your class will be returned to your card if you are a pass holder.
- Please be mindful of social distancing requirements at all times and adhere to floor and traffic markers.
- Please be kind to those around you. It’s a challenging time for everyone and we’re trying our best to navigate around this too!
IMPORTANT: While on your mat in the studio (aka the hot room),
masks are optional for staff and students.
All other spaces within the building, masks are required as per Waterloo Regional Bylaw.
FULL LIST OF MEASURES KICKING IN
- All staff and instructors will undergo screening checks upon entry, and wear masks in all areas except on their mat.
- Our disinfecting solution contains active ingredients on the US EPA’s list of antimicrobial products for use against SARS-Cov-2E.
- All equipment will be wiped down and sanitized by our staff prior to and post class.
- All high-touch point common surfaces are disinfected between sessions.
- Hand sanitizers will be placed around the studio. We encourage you to use them!
- Reduced schedule with a minimum of 30 minutes between classes to minimize overcrowding, and ensure that our staff have sufficient time to sanitize between classes.
- Reduced in studio class capacity to 17 in order to maintain proper social distancing guidelines as recommended by public health
- There will be no prop usage or hands on adjustments for now. Feel free to BYO props if you need some support during your practice.
- BYO mask. Masks are to be worn in common areas at all times as per Bylaw in Waterloo Region. Should you forget one or need one we will have some available for purchase.
- BYO water bottle. The communal water dispenser is available but we advise bringing your own water to ensure proper safety.
- BYO mat, yoga towels and sweat towels. We will NOT be making these available for rental for the time being.
- Please only use lockers if you absolutely need to. We are asking you to bring a bag into the classroom with you, to directly place your sweaty towels in after class. (Please leave your cell phone in your car if possible)
- If you’re feeling unwell, sneezing or coughing, please cancel your booking (at least 12 hours in advance) and refrain from coming to the studio until you are symptom free for 14 days. We also reserve the right to turn you away if you exhibit signs of being unwell This also applies if you have traveled outside of Ontario in the last 14 days.
- Use our online check in to sign up for class and ensure your information is up to date.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes ahead of class.
- All clients are to undergo mandatory screening and hand sanitizer will be available upon check in.
- Floor markers will be placed to indicate a safe social distance and manage traffic flow in common areas.
- Please queue patiently and follow the traffic markers to ensure we’re all adhering to responsible distancing requirements.
- Please avoid loitering and proceed directly to your mat in the studio as soon as you’ve checked in.
- Be in the present moment and enjoy your class – as you usually do!
- Please be mindful of distancing requirements and place the middle of your mat on the red X, and leave it there.
- We will not be accepting late entries once class starts.
- Teachers and staff will monitor students for signs of illness and ask clients to leave if illness is noticed.
- Students are encouraged to bring their belongings with them into the studio, place them neatly next to their mat so that towels etc. can be tidied up directly after class, and before leaving the hot room.
- Please promptly clean up your space.
- No long Savasana for now, sorry! Time will be built in during class for these magical moments. You will have 5 extra minutes after a yoga class ends if you would like to stay, a sound will indicate it is time to exit, so that we may clean the studio for the next class. As much as our spaces were made for mindful moments, we ask that you keep your dwelling in the studio to a minimum just for this now and do make the effort to leave as soon as possible after class. The studio will close 15 minutes after class finishes.
We know it’s a lot to take in right now, but trust us, as soon as you begin again, you’ll find yourself right back in the home away from home you’ve been needing now more than ever. We are taking the approach of being cautious for now with lots of changes in place — and details beyond what you see here. The way our new safety processes will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in looking after our Midtown Yoga KW
With grateful hearts
The Midtown Yoga Kitchener Waterloo Team