First off all the staff at Midtown Yoga KW would like to say thank you! Thank you for your continued support and doing your part to keep yourself and our community safe. We are so grateful to have our doors open, however we have learned from the first wave of Covid-19 that can change very quickly. As some of you may know there are fitness facilities in the region that have been forced to close their doors due to Covid-19 outbreaks, so it is imperative for all of our students and staff to keep following all policies and procedures in order for our doors to remain open, especially now that we have entered the second wave.
Please review all Covid Policies & Procedures:
1. SANITIZE: Upon arrival to the studio there is a hand sanitizer station at the top of the stairs, please sanitize before entering the lobby.
2. MASKS- Upon arrival you MUST have your mask on before you enter the stairwell. Your mask is to remain on at ALL times, including: In the stairwell, lobby, changerooms, bathroom stalls, as soon as you exit the shower, and in the hot room (unless you are on your mat). Wear your mask properly, over your nose and chin. Masks are for sale at the studio, made by daydreamer accessories.
3. SOCIAL DISTANCING: Masks do not fully shield Covid-19. Please be mindful of others' comfort levels. Even if you have a mask on it does not mean everyone is comfortable enough to be within 6 feet of you.
4. CHANGE ROOMS:
Please come ready for your class.
A. In your workout clothes
B. Water bottle pre-filled at home.
C. Create time for yourself to plan your shower at home.
The change rooms/showers are there if you absolutely have to use them. It is crucial for everyone to limit their touch points so if you can please head straight to your mat upon entering the studio with your belongings (Cell phone on silent or off - if your cell phone is in the room with you, please treat it like it is not there- please put it in a bag, in a towel etc.)
5. HOT ROOM:
A. If you know you are a person who sweats a lot please bring extra towels from home to clean up after yourself. Place your towels directly in a bag after cleaning up your space, as to not drip everywhere.
B. Must exit the hot room 5 minutes after each class.
C. There is hand sanitizer on the table as soon as you walk in that you can use after opening the door.
6. Entering/Exiting the studio:
A. Enter the studio no earlier than 15 minutes before your class. (Sometimes the doors are open, however we kindly ask for you to please wait, if it is raining you may step into the lobby at the bottom of the stairs if the doors are open)
B. Exit the studio no later than 15 minutes after each class. This is critical for the staff to make sure all cleaning is done before the next class enters the building.
7. SOCIALIZING: We love our tight knit community, however we please ask for everyone to keep the socializing to outside. As we head into the fall/winter we understand the importance of staying social for mental health. Please follow us on facebook and join our MYKW members hub to connect with your fellow yogis and workout partners. Please know we are always here for you <3 We will be hosting a few socially distanced outings to stay connected during this time.
Please review administration policies:
1. CANCELATION: If you cancel within 12 hours of your class you will be charged $15. You will not be able to cancel the class yourself, pleae email or call the studio.
2. NO SHOW: If you do not show up for your class you will be charged $25.
We understand emergencies or COVID related situations, please let us know if this is the case. You will not be charged if this is the case as we want Midtown Yoga Kitchener Waterloo to continue to be a safe space to practice. Thank you for being mindful in your reasons for cancelling.
3. CREDIT CARD ON ACCOUNT: Moving forward we will require a credit card on your account to ensure these fees will be taken care of in the event of cancelations and no shows. In addition having a card on file will help to limit your touch points.
4. SIGN IN: You must sign in at the front desk before entering the hot room. Wait in line on the black tape marks to social distance yourself and give the front desk staff your name. Please remember that not all staff will know your name and considering we have masks on it makes it extra difficult to determine who you are.
In order to stay up to date please follow us on Instagram @midtownyogakw and Facebook @ midtownyogakitchenerwaterloo .