I understand and agree to the following as concerns my participation in classes and events at Midtown Yoga Kitchener Waterloo (hereafter "Midtown Yoga"), 663 Belmont Avenue West, Kitchener, Ontario, N2M 1N8:
1. That the instruction offered during classes and workshops at Midtown Yoga is limited to general instruction for all participants (although individual instruction can and may be given from time to time) and that yoga teachers are not physicians. Therefore, each individual must take responsibility for their body and listen to it first (and/or the advice of a physician where appropriate), and then consider the direction of the teacher secondly, as far as understanding what is appropriate for their bodies, practice and fitness level at any given time. (Midtown Yoga will always be conscientiously concerned with promoting the wellness of every individual, but each individual must know and respect their own limits.)
2. That the instructors are generally available both before and after class to discuss and assist with any physical conditions or limitations a participant may have.
3. I have no psychological, medical, or emotional conditions that would prevent me from safe participation in any class, workshop or event I choose to attend at Midtown Yoga.
4. I release and discharge Midtown Yoga, its Director, Secretary, its instructors, receptionists and its’ insurers from any and all liability, claim, demand or action that I may have resulting from injury, damages or death arising from my participation in a class or workshop, or on the premises of Midtown Yoga, including loss that may be caused by the negligence of the released party.
5. That Midtown Yoga does not exchange, refund or transfer packages, except as otherwise stated on their website.
6. I recognize that this agreement of release and waiver of liability is a legal contract and that, by reading it carefully and agreeing to it, I have complete knowledge of its contents.